Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 10. Bye..!!


   What a nice feeling when you come to the end..! Patience is the key to relief. When I look back to this course I see how short it was, yet very busy. All participants in this course are involved in many things and that is a key factor for making this class hectic.

Needless to tell how squeezed my schedule was during the last couple of months, you believe it or not, I did not even have time to cook. I was supposed to join an intensive Japanese class. It would take me all the time. I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I said that it was the most overwhelmed period I have ever had in my life.

When I got an email from Oregon I didn’t know what to do..! How could I catch up with these things..?! How could I stand up to all my responsibilities..!? I did not give them a reply until the last moment. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to handle all. Eventually I said to myself “Why don’t you give it a try, you’ll lose nothing, if you could keep up with the others that would be fine, otherwise you can just drop out..”.

But it was quite the opposite, once we started the course I got a different feeling, it turned to be an oasis that I come to after a long and tiring day. I wouldn’t though ignore the fact that it was also demanding. When I look back I say “wow, I just made it.. how come..?!”. It seems like the saying I used not to believe in became true “If you want something done, ask a busy person”. Of course Allah’s help is in the first place, it was there all the way long.

We learned so many things; Delicious, which is really delicious. It’s like a backpack; you just put your stuff in and go wherever you want. I personally got to know many websites I wish I had known at certain early stages in my life. The blog we made at the beginning, which will continue to be my reflective blog in the future, is also a fruit of this course. We made our own websites, ANVILL accounts.. etc, the list goes on and on. Those tools are the fertile soil where you can plant your ideas, and then keep watering these plants with a constant technological update.  

Finally, I want to thank all my classmates from whom I got a lot of benefit. It’s my great pleasure to get to know all of you guys. I wouldn’t have gotten this chance hadn’t been in this course. Thanks also to our guests who shared with us their experience and expertise. Last but not least, thank you Robert.. thanks for your comments, feedback and ENCOURAGEMENT.

Best Wishes 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faisal ,
    I really believe what you said about the fear you had to start the course and how you were overwhelmed by so many things to do during the course . I went through similar situations and I really feel what you said . So congratulations for reaching the webskills boat to the safe shore :-)
    Take care
    Mbarek from Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi faisal
    it is very interesting to look again to what we gave done in this 10 weeks course without feeling the burden of doing many assignments. your blog is nice. i hope things are going well.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete