Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 8: The meadow is green but the goat is sick..!


    If there is a fact to be said in this week it would be that “These tools; Nicenet, Anvill, blogger..etc are the core of our course, I think. They are the soil where we can plant the seeds we’ve been accumulating so far in this course”

These tools have made the learning process as a bed of roses which nobody has ever thought of. Has anyone ever dreamt of this abundant of resources and references?! I am not only talking about ESL, but in all fields. Old days, not so long ago, people would suffer a lot to get a piece of information, they might also resort to travel to far places to get a reference or a book. But now we have everything we need, just hit the button! You can get an access to whatever you want, no matter what your field is. You could even excel in things that aren't your specialty, as long as you have the desire “learner autonomy”. We need to push ourselves ahead, as well as our students.

We want to take advantage of the 21st century technology the right way. We don’t want the Indian proverb to be applied to us “the meadow is green but the goat is sick”. This week we learned how to use ANVILL. I even created my own account, but I sometimes feel as if there is something holds me back .. I don’t know if it happens to anybody else when coming across a new thing for the first time! And I don’t know what that is exactly..! Could it be nostalgia for the old techniques..!? But I don’t keep that good memories which make me feel such feeling..!

I also stepped one step ahead towards my goal. I have always wanted to create my own website, so I managed to make one this week using: sites.google.com. It might not be the site that I’m dreaming of, but it is just the beginning, and something is better than nothing.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. Hello Faisel

    Beautiful metaphor, that these tools are the soil where we can plant the seeds. I agree. Your metaphor makes immediate sense and works well!

    And I am so amazed that so many of our class participants have created a website for the first time! I am very, very proud!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete